Feb 22, 2012

Big Bird?

Today, my English professor informed me that my next blog post will be my response to a picture she showed us in class. I must say, Ms. Lindberg has quite a sense of humor. I know she enjoyed the reaction on our faces when she presented the image. I thought I was viewing a Warshak image in a psychological exam. I give up. Go ahead and mark it zero, dude. Thanks a lot, Ms. Lindberg.

So, I'm not sure how to respond to this picture. I think it's a homeless person that must have beat somebody up and took their Big Bird costume, except he doesn't look like Big Bird. The exotic plumage is a little different. And it looks like he sewed some of his grandmother's patchwork to it. He seems to be celebrating. He looks very triumphant despite posing in front of  a very decrepit building with wood siding. With his arms wide open and his face to the sky, he seems to be shouting. I think he is saying, "Who's got the most insane pair of pajamas now, yo!" Graffiti on the wall reads: "Ms. Sweat." I'm glad Ms. Lindberg is not a psychologist. Can I stop here? Dear God.

That's all I've got. This has been an experience. I think I need to get in the shower and wash the weirdness off.

Oh, yeah. We discussed the picture. Turns out, it was a Native American costume for a Mardi Gras celebration. Hmmmm....I'm going home now. Tomorrow I will be going to Barne's & Noble to purchase my copy of "IQ for Dummies."

1 comment:

  1. LOL Brandon! This is very funny! Sounds like a lively conversation even if it was weird :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

back to top